Brandon Lions Annual Luminaria Project
2013 Christmas Season
Annual Luminaria Project
- Each year the Brandon Lions Club conducts its Luminaria fundraising project providing Luminaria Kits to neighborhoods and individuals throughout the Greater Brandon area.
- On a chosen date during the holiday season, usually on Christmas Eve neighborhoods will put their Luminaria out to help light up Santa's way. It's a great time for a block party or to have Santa Claus come through the neighborhood to do what Santa Claus does!
- Traditional Christmas Eve luminaria were made from white paper bags weighted down with sand and illuminated from within by a lit candle. These are typically arranged in rows to create large and elaborate displays. The hope among Christians is that the lights will guide the spirit of the Christ child to one's home.
- In recent times they are seen more as a secular decoration, akin to Christmas decorations used by many homowners.
- Brandon Lions Luminaria Kits are constructed with white paper bags weighted down with sand and illuminated from within by a votive candle in a small plastic cup. They are traditionally displayed on Christmas Eve.
- Each kit contains:
15 long burning votive candles,
15 white bags,
2 pounds of sand (to use in the base of each bag),
plastic cups, and instructions.
- Kits sell for $6.50. Volume discounts are available for orders over 100 kits.
Orders over 25 kits may be delivered to your neighborhood.
You may contact the person listed below to place your order or you may complete the Order Information Form located here. Orders should be placed by November 10. No payment is required with your order. All orders are COD. Order delivery will be on December 8.
Proceeds benefit Brandon Lions Charities. The Lions Club is the oldest service organization in Brandon and being chartered in 1954. Brandon Lions Charities is a 501(c) 3 organization which supports our eyesight programs, Southeastern Guide Dogs, WUSF Radio Reading Service, Greater Tampa Lions Sight Fund, and other local Brandon Area programs such as ECHO, Brandon Outreach, and the Hillsborough County Schools Visually Impaired Program.
For more information, email us 2013 Lions Luminary Project or contact: